About the Academy
We are very proud and excited to put together the most experienced and successful coaching staff in the Lowcountry. Our coaches are prepared to develop players with the technical and tactical insights, for competitive soccer with a vision for a long term commitment, ensuring stability and a family atmosphere.
The Academy’s u8-u12 Program is designed to support and guide players who wish to make the transition from recreational to competitive soccer. Players within the teams may be rotated and exchanged from team to team throughout the season. Academy soccer emphasizes maximum development of individual skills, and provides the opportunity to apply those skills in a competitive environment, league play and tournament competition.
The most important aspect of The Academy Program is training.
- Professional coaches train each team.
- Technical and tactical training provided 2-3 times per week in 1.5 hour sessions.
- Players are expected to work at home on basic technical skills and fitness.
- Players must be committed to practice.
Additional training opportunities along with speed, strength and agility training will be available and encouraged.
Games, Tournaments and Travel
- Games are held locally or in other cities, such as Columbia, Atlanta, Charlotte and Greenville.
- Teams typically participate in 1 fall and 1 spring tournaments at the discrection of the DISA staff.
Please note that teams may also choose to participate in local or regional tournaments and will require additional costs that may range from $25 – $80 per player, per tournament, independent of travel and lodging costs.
Daniel Island Soccer Academy and its players make a mutual one-year commitment, which lasts until the tryout period the following year. While you are playing at DISA, we ask that you give careful consideration to absences so that the effect on other players is minimized. Regular attendance at practice sessions is necessary.
DISA expects players who represent the club to maintain high standards of personal behavior both on and off the field. We place great importance on academics and expect players to organize their activities to accommodate both schoolwork and soccer at high levels of achievement. We look to parents to ensure that their DISA players reach games and practices on time, to attend whenever possible with a positive attitude, and volunteer to assist team managers in maintaining a positive environment.
Inside The Academy
- About the Academy
- Coaching Staff
- Contact Information
- DISA Booster Club
- Player Pools for 2013/2014
- Registration Information
- Our Sponsors
- Directions to DISA Complex
- Photo Gallery
- Related Links
- Happy Father's Day!
- Congrats to the DISA Boyz!!
- DISA Booster Meeting is Canceled Today
- DISA Summer Training is Canceled for Today 6/6/2013