The Goal of DISA’s Junior Academy Program is to provide an enjoyable atmosphere where each player can be challenged and develop their technical skills but also develop a love for the game of soccer.
DISA’s Junior Academy Program is designed to support and guide players who wish to make the transition from recreational to competitive soccer. The program is designed for that recreational player who has a strong desire to increase those technical skills while also learning more about the tactical aspects of the game.
The most important aspect of DISA’s Junior Academy Program is training. Technical and tactical training is provided 4 times per week, in 1.5-hour sessions by our professional coaches (3 mandatory team practices with coaches and an optional but recommended skills/finishing session).
In addition, players are encouraged to work at home on basic technical skills such as juggling, receiving, passing, etc. It is important that the player understands that a commitment to practice will help the player to reach their goals.
Games, Tournaments and Travel
- Games for U11 and U12 consist of nine players per team competing in two thirty-minute halves on an 80×50 yard field.
- Games for U9s and U10 consist of seven players per team competing in two twenty-five minute halves on a 66×42 yard field.
- Games are played in the SCYS Coastal League throughout the Coastal District.
- Teams typically participate in 2 tournaments per season – generally 1 tournament local and one tournament out of town.
Junior Academy Pre-Season Camp
DISA Junior Academy offers a Pre-Season Team Camp at DISA Soccer Complex ($100) in end of July/early August of each new Fall season.
- Main focus is soccer with an emphasis on small sided games, technique and speed of play.
- Players are coached by DISA professional coaches.